Ain't Nothin' but the Blues!

News about the Dicky Neely Blues Band and his buddies. Schedules as they develop, photos, old and new and maybe a few odd things here and there. I have recorded with several local artists; Jimmy Trout,Jesse Bishop,Woody Ray Lawson,Dennis Gilley,and others.

Monday, January 30, 2006

Jim Allison Passes

Local harmonica player Jim Allison died last week. I never met the man or saw him play. I did see him on TV and heard him on the radio. He was very good.
A lot of guys I know and have played with Jim and all spoke very highly of him.
He played at Driscolls' Children's Hospital for several years when he was in town to play the State Jazz Festival. That's all I need to know. He was a good man.

1 Comments:

Blogger Truax Band said...

I knew him well. He was the best of the best as far as songwriting,and harps.

Barry Truax

11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home